Thursday, January 28, 2010

Battle Of Olmen-Ra - 3WW Post

I still dream of that fateful night atop Olmen-Ra. Dozens of our kindred passed into memory that evening, and many is the dream I have had since, remembering the fallen and the loss of our loved ones.

We had gathered at the base of the mountain in the early dusk, prepared to rescue our beloved Queen from the forces of Dwindor. She had been taken from us many weeks before, and it had taken time for us to locate her and devise a plan of action. It had fallen to me, as war chief, to lead the rescue.

Gregor, the invisible, had lit the beacon from the hilltop; our signal to begin the surge to the top of the hill. We were ten score strong but the Dwindorians were stronger still. The battle had been bloody, the loss of life innumerable.

We fell back into the night, still Queen-less. I do not know what has become of her. I grieve for those lost, but especially for my betrothed. I shall never forget that night – or her.

11 comments:

Larry said...

Nice I loved it sounds like we both were kind of heading towards the same thought means two great minds think alike.


The fate of Sitting Bull


Thanks for always making it to my place I appreciate that a lot and I do the same for you Thanks again.

Larry

Laurita said...

Nice! Very Lord of the Rings - ish. Some great phrasing.

Anonymous said...

Great job Paul, my creativeness on these words was a litle lost. You covered them well and with a topic I most definately enjoy... I need a good war story. A Great read.

Lilibeth said...

It's neat how you managed, from the very beginning, to take us so far into another time and place.http://gildorianne.blogspot.com/2010/01/three-word-wednesday-haiku.html

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Normally, I am not a fan of fantasy writing, but you made me want to read this. Great pace of the story, nice detail.

Daily Panic said...

must have been some night! but nothing motivates a man more than the love for a woman!

Every good battle is over a woman.

Stan Ski said...

Enjoyed this - is there more to it?

Wendy Naisa said...

You took me to another world - a timeless place...

Nicely!

aka Andy Sewina

Tumblewords: said...

I enjoyed the mystical, mythical feel of this as well as the contemporary layers.

Dee Martin said...

I love this place you created.

David Barber said...

Top piece Paul. Agree with Stan Ski, bring on more of this tale.

Regards mate, David.